Friday, January 07, 2005

From Ceviche to Clam Chowder

Grupo FARO and I just said our goodbyes outside a pizza place called "Tomato." Orazio proposed we extend the night a bit more with a visit to a Cuban bar to drink and dance, but Ellie was sleepy and I have a flight at 7 am tomorrow, so we decided against it. FARO is, after all, democratic.

Tomorrow morning I'll spend three hours or so in Guayaquil between flights (assuming I wake up in time for my first one.) Orazio and Ellie (who, incidentally, have great chemistry) recommended that instead of just waiting around, I leave the airport and go find myself some ceviche for breakfast along the boardwalk. Sounds like a good plan to me.

So: a final good night from Quito, at least until February, when I'll probably come back between the regional and state Decathlon competitions. With that in mind, I advised all the alpaca shops to restock.

No comments: