Saturday, January 22, 2005

Defying the Enlightenment

It stands to reason that if last night it took me fewer than twenty minutes to get from entering my hotel room to slipping under the covers, it ought to take me no more than that to slip out from under those covers and exit in the morning.

Reason is about to be put to a very severe test, and writing this blog probably isn't helping its cause.

Sleepy, but not downright grumpy after all. Just using the word "downright" remains enough to make me grin. So I must still be giddy. On top of that, when I bought two 9x12 envelopes yesterday (for submitting a story for publication--more on that later) the cashier at the university bookstore asked me if I'd like a sack for them. I'd heard pop for soda, but this term was new to me. Sack. I pictured potatoes. I got plastic.

No comments: