Monday, April 10, 2006

Counting the Ballots

A quick update: Kent is about to give a presentation to over 1,000 mothers on how their children should balance Friends, Grades, English, Entertainment, Art, Family, Culture and Exercise. I have the diagram in my hands; it looks a bit like a spider's web. He calls it "Wise Moms."

I indulged in the Election Day episode of the West Wing this morning. The result was to my liking, even if I didn't quite believe it. I expected the moderate Republic with a broken hand to win. The startling thing to me, though, was how engaged I got with it--as if states were actually being called for the different candidates. I guess there's a reason I went to the Kennedy School after all.

As for yesterday's presentation--it's too early to call the outcome. But the presentation went, I think and hope, very well. The CDI officers who attended seemed intrigued. They asked lots of questions. David and I took turns answering. If I had to guess right now, I'd say some kind of Scholar's Cup *could* happen--and the next step is... unclear. But should be more clear soon.

No comments: