Monday, April 03, 2006

Above the Second Cataract

I'm falling asleep, so a quick post: earlier today, at a Renaissance fair in the desert, I witnessed a pseudo-crucifixion and walked a plank. The CDO team and I also ran into an alpaca. It looked like a DemiDec cover wrought in flesh and sunlight. We asked if we could pose for pictures with it.

"Yes," said the caretaker, who told us the alpaca's name was Peru. "But you might want to give him a flower."

We got him a light green rose. I didn't realize that Peru would eat it out of my hand, but he did--happily. I've never seen an alpaca slurp before. Such big teeth!

Barbarians and fairies were also present at the fair, though like the alpaca they weren't mentioned in this year's Super Quiz curriculum.

Later I had tea with my high school Spanish teacher, Dr. Serfaty, a.k.a. "arbol," then went with her and the most recent iteration of my team to an Ethiopian restaurant, where slow service combined with excellent food, questionable jokes and an erratic paper towel dispenser. Farhan got so hungry waiting for our dinner he went next door and bought a candy bar. We nearly lost Zac to a hot green pepper.

There was also some questionable driving, not mine for a change.

I go to bed with a sunburned nose and tingly ears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh

good times :-)

i think everyone forgot obout this blog when it went on hiatus...

-dean

also, i think i may have submitted this comment about 5 times... there's something wrong with my internet...