Monday, April 04, 2005

Writer of the Last Paper

The NTU library closed today at five, so I'm back in my hotel. Along the way, I managed to secure a set of surround sound speakers (as well as a seaweed burrito) and am now working to the sounds of Raiders of the Lost Ark, among other things. Thank you, Napster.

I hummed as I strolled across campus. My last night as a student: a clear, soothing dusk familiar from so many evenings crossing White Plaza. It occurred to me that NTU is a little bit like Stanford injected into the middle of the city: Stanford with a T stop.

For some reason, I remembered Parkman Junior High. Probably the humming: that's when I first picked up the habit (and learned how to open a locker.)

The tallest building in the world guided me from place to place. And I smiled when I saw a CASIO sign--just visible through my hotel window.

The pope ((supposedly) died serenely; there are times when it feels good to live that way too.

No comments: