Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Raining Bears and Bulls

Two things can help me sleep through the day: jetlag and a very dark room. Last night I had both on my side, and woke up around noon.

My hotel room is on the 21st floor, and the lobby on the 15th; below that are the Chicago Art Institute, the Chicago Sun-Times and a deli that serves pepper jack cheese sandwiches to people who missed breakfast.

Tonight I may take a jujitsu lesson at Northwestern with my sophomore and sort-of-senior year roommate, Patrick. Given that I nearly broke a window trying to learn the lance last week, I can only imagine the possible outcomes of my attempting a martial art.

The Daily published my latest column this morning. Readers of this blog will recognize my fascination with a certain home appliance.

What I'm working on: the DemiDec brochure. Where I'm working on it: a gigantic Starbucks with blue lamps. What I'm reading: White Gold Wielder, by Stephen Donaldson, in which Thomas Covenant--leper, unbeliever, and one-time rapist--must save the world (again.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

koala yummies are fantastic...chocolate is best.