Wednesday, February 09, 2005

If It's Wednesday, It Must be Sacramento

A lot of my days have begun like this lately: on an airplane, this time an American Airlines 737-800, watching other passengers file in and dispute overhead space. One woman just assured the rest of us that her bags were "soft" and therefore unlikely to damage our carry-ons even when squeezed tight. Good to know.

My experiences these last couple weeks have included being stranded without photo ID in Minneapolis, pondering an Arby's fish sandwich, and jumping off the back of a dragon.

My next big update--if all goes well, later today--will be on books, though I may mention the dragon again, too.

What I'm writing today: a column for the Stanford Daily. What I'm reading: Perfume, a novel about a serial killer with no body odor.

No comments: