Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Replacement (Not)

Apparently a local raccoon (or maybe a carbs-obsessed coyote?) realized we were short a pet and nominated itself as Misty's successor.

I was up late (still am), reminiscing a bit, writing a bit, when I heard noises coming from the kitchen. This didn't exactly cheer me up. So my mother and I went down to investigate. Nothing there. We returned upstairs.

About fifteen minutes later, the noises resumed. We all went down again, and this time I admitted to myself that maybe I was still a little afraid of ghosts. After all, this was the same kitchen.

But if it was a ghost, it must have been a very hungry ghost. We found shreds of Chilean ayuyitas (sort of like biscuits) all over the counter. It's nice that the pet door is still getting some use. Nonetheless, we reject the nomination.

No comments: