Saturday, May 14, 2005

Quiet Days

Today I met a Polish plumber. He cut my dad off in the middle of his describing exactly why he wanted more water in the toilets. For this, I was thankful.

Earlier I visited with the USC/MAST Decathlon team. They fed me delicious chips and salsa. "We don't want to be forgotten," their coach explained, and I don't think they will be. They're starting early and are poised to have a tremendous year.

This
made me giddy yesterday--the opening to The Hitchhiker's Guide of the Galaxy. My friends Ali and Igor basically fell asleep during the rest of the movie, but I was won over by the rhyming dolphins and never looked back.

...the world's about to be destroyed /
there's no point getting all annoyed...

Now, if it had been alpacas singing and doing backflips, I might have died last night a happy man.

No comments: