Sunday, March 11, 2007

Aircraft Downgrade

Behind me, two men are arguing; one, about 60, figured out that the other, about 80, had sat in the wrong row. Says the older one, who has a cane and a dog: "I'll have you know, young man, that I'm a Marine, I fought in World War II, the Chinese Civil War, Korea... but I'm eighty now, I'm a little befuddled."

"Young man," responds the younger older man, "I didn't do as much as you did, but I also served my country."

Meanwhile, everyone in rows 23 and beyond has discovered that their seats are missing. An apologetic flight attendant just announced that a last-minute switch to a smaller aircraft means that all passengers in the last five rows need to disembark and ask for new seat assignemnts. "I think there'll be enough," she concludes.

The passengers in question are fighting to get off.

"That's not my dad, it's my dog," says the older older man, now one row behind me, in response to a question he must not have heard quite clearly.

I can't wait for this one to be over.

No comments: