Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Shorn

One pastel smoothie bar in the CoEx Mall advertises that "we are coffee." Nearby an actual Coffee Bean attracts a trickle of patrons; behind it a larger Starbucks is crowded to the brim. As for me, I've found a Holly's Coffee about one underground block away, where I'm not sipping my green tea--since I plan to nap in a few minutes. Afterward I'll be meeting David at the thirteenth entrance to a designated subway station.

Elsewhere in the Coex Catacombs I got my hair cut. Haircuts in places where no one speaks your language are not only fun, they're low-stress: there's no need to make small talk, and I don't have to figure out how I want my hair styled, since there's no way to communicate it anyhow.

The stylist, who introduced herself as Sohyung, had an assistant whose job was to occasionally tap what looked like an eraser against my face and neck.

No comments: