Saturday, January 07, 2006

Accidental Daybreak

So I just woke up, showered, put on my teacher costume, and then walked out to have breakfast with the other teachers--only to discover that everyone was still asleep, except for one masked man prowling the corridors with a vacuum cleaner.

It turns out I miscalculated the time. It's not 8 am. It's 6 am. The last time I did this I was a freshman in Canaday. Similarly disorienting to realize the sun won't rise for another two hours. I now have all that time to (1) sleep a bit more, which is a more appealing prospect by the minute, and (2) perhaps more pressingly, figure out what I should teach today. There really is no curriculum. In my class, I have three girls, three boys and one TA, Kyle, with a crush on the other TA, Catalina (who helps David next door and claims descent from Confucius.)

In my case, he's not a family relation, but the students think I look like Mr. Bean.

No comments: