Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Would Misty Approve?

Today I bought a dog. It was my first time. And it was also sight unseen. The dog is (or will be) a "castellano"--a mixture of a cocker spaniel and a French poodle. It's not, however, for me. It's a surprise for Orazio and Eli. When a puppy of the right breed becomes available, about two to three weeks from now, the pet store owner will deliver it to their apartment. I left a note for them, "Woof! Un regalito..." They've been dog-hunting for a while, and I overheard that this is the breed they're looking for. I wanted to do this last time I was here, and am glad I had the chance today.

What I'm reading: Reunion, by Alan Lightman, the author of Einstein's Dreams. So far, so good, even gritty, though not in a Sam Spade kind of way. I'll write more about it when I finish.

No comments: