Thursday, August 24, 2006

Down the Drain

Last night, in my frantic packing for a flight to Taiwan, I dropped my new cell phone in the toilet.

I'll try to post more tomorrow. But a brief recap: I rushed from Taipei airport to the city of Taechng, where I saw Chuan-Mei for breakfast, then worked at a Starbucks tucked in the lingerie section of a local K-mart clone until my meeting at a local high school, Morrison Academy. I was there to invite it to join the Scholar's Cup. It went well! Several students attended, including one who claimed to have competed in the Nevada Academic Decathlon. As Nevada hasn't fielded a team in several years, I was puzzled, but decided not to protest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YESSSSSSSS! A BLOG ENTRYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Anonymous said...

I did not actually "compete" in the Nevada Demidec. It was an informal and short training session of sorts conducted at Clark High School? I believe in the summer of 2003 or 2004. The people present were definately not all Nevadans, I saw a fair share of Arizonans and Californians. To my knowledge, I don't believe Clark High School had ever fielded a team.

I hope you don't mind me tracking down your blog, I'm not a stalker, really =). It's just I was curious to see how your sojourns in Asia went. I've been waiting for Demidec to come overseas for years; and it's a pity that it should come in my senior year, but I'm sure all students involved would benefit greatly from the experience should enough schools participate. You're the one I've been waiting for at Morrison for several years, thanks for coming.

Keep us posted and take care in Asia. Don't get lost. =)

-Chris Su, Morrison Academy