Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Biggest Bookstore on... Europe, Sort Of

I remember when Amazon's slogan was "The Biggest Bookstore on Earth." At the time, I quietly, maybe quixotically, favored Barnes and Noble's newer online venture, bn.com. It featured faster shipping, but mostly, it was the market underdog. Remember, I'm a Clippers fan.

Now, I swear by Amazon. They hooked me with their "prime" shipping program--unlimited second-day shipping for a flat annual fee. I'll order anything from them, even shampoo.

(I like collecting different shampoo bottles. They make such extravagant promises.)

Anyways, I digress. The point of this blog is to note that I am, suddenly, more or less unexpectedly, in London. And on my first and possibly only night here, I was drawn to the largest bookstore in Europe, Waterstone's.

I'm being charged by the minute for this connection, so I'll write more later.

No comments: