Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A Tale of Three Taxis

I inspired two taxi drivers to fight today. One pulled the other out of his car and punched him. The other whacked back. Nothing too fancy, just your typical sidewalk brawl. Not because they each wanted me as a client, but because each wanted the other to take me instead. The people behind me in line were much older, wore jewelry, and didn't carry backpacks. They probably looked like better tippers. While the two of them brawled, I walked down the street to a third taxi.

This driver, a Russian man, waved at the fight. "America wonderful country," he said, "But sometimes too much freedom."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to admit I laughed, too. :) And shook my head a lot. Life is too much fun sometimes.

Anonymous said...

This continues to make my day, 3 days later.

-Magali